Caramel Apples Recipe Description:
If it’s Autumn, it’s time for caramel apples.
Everyone will enjoy this popular seasonal treat all Fall long. You’ll find them at Fall festivals. And, they’re a traditional Halloween party treat.
You loved them as a kid. You’re kids and grandkids will love them, too.
- 10 apples, washed and stems removed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Food sticks
Caramel Apples Recipe Directions:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in condensed milk.
- Continue to cook and stir for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir in.
- Push a food stick into the apple where the stem was.
- Dip apple into caramel.
- Dip apple into peanuts.
- Place onto a sheet of buttered, waxed paper.
- Allow to cool.
Recipe Tip: You can use other things for dipping or coating your apples. Beside peanuts, other kinds of chopped nuts are popular. Also try mini M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and granola.